DOCWRA

HERALDRY

The Docwra coat of arms

View Thread

Print Thread
Say Hello!
flluffles
Hello

Came upon this site and was interested because I am a descendant of Dockray's BUT from Ireland. our name has evolved to Dougherty - but always thought and read that the Dockray name was an ancient name and speparate from Dougherty. After reading material on this site I can see that the names definately are not from the same line. Is there any research on the Dockray's of Ireland? My GGrandfather's name was Micheal Dockray from Ballemote, Ireland. B. 1825 - Would there be any connection with the Irish Dockrays' & the English Dockray's?

Julie Forman
Hi from New Zealand,
I discovered your great website while doing research for a book I'm writing about my grandmother's great grandmother who emigrated to NZ from England in 1842. Her name is listed in family documents as Mary Anna Lake Dockery but I discovered through your website that her grandfather and father were Dockrays - very interesting. They were from Dartford and had a market garden there. Apart from that it's been difficult to find out much more about them but I'm continuing to try. Now that I have the right sir name I might have more success! I should also be able to add a bit more information to the research project list if I can work out how to do that.

Anne
Julie, welcome to the board. I'll have a search through my records still waiting to be added to the site and see if I can add anything more for you about your family. It may be a couple of weeks before I can get to them though as I'm decorating and stuff is buried under other stuff!

www.docwras.org.uk
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.03 seconds
1,130,957 unique visits